CAT AND DOG SURGERY IN WICKER PARK, CHICAGO
Companion Animal Hospital Wicker Park is fully-equipped to provide safe, first-class pet surgery services. In addition to the tools and techniques we use, our veterinarians and technicians have ample training and experience in not only performing various surgeries, but keeping pets warm, safe, and as stress-free as possible. Our Fear Free Certified Professionals are skilled at making every surgical procedure go smoothly and minimizing patient anxiety.
PRE-OP SAFETY STEPS
When we prepare your pet for surgery, we follow a set of protocols designed to minimize risks. This includes:
- Performing a pre-op examination and blood work to check for underlying signs of illness
- Measuring the amount of pain control, antibiotics, and anesthesia your pet needs based on their age, size, and health history
- Placing an IV catheter to administer fluids and other medications as needed to your pet during their procedure
Every pet has a dedicated technician monitoring their vitals, including heart rate, respiration, temperature, and blood pressure. Patients are also kept warm with blankets and other warming systems, as the body temperature can decrease dramatically during surgery.
After surgery, patients continue to be monitored and kept warm as they awaken from the anesthesia.
Pet Surgeries We Offer
Companion Animal Hospital Wicker Park offers a variety of surgical services, including:
- Spaying and neutering
- Mass removals
- Removal of skin, ear, and eye growths
- Foreign body removal
- Exploratory surgery
- Soft tissue injury repair
- Bladder stone removal
Taking Care of your Pet after Surgery
Pets can’t follow instructions after surgery, so it’s up to you (and us) to make sure they’re recovering well. When your pet is recuperating at home, be sure to:
- Have them wear an e-collar, cloud collar, or reasonably snug-fitting garment to protect their surgery site from licking, chewing, and rubbing
- Check the surgery site daily for torn stitches, redness, swelling, blood, or hardness of the skin
- Keep your pet away from water of any kind until they have their stitches removed
- Observe your pet’s behaviors and make sure they are eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom normally
- Let our team know if your pet is having any problems
Pet Surgery in Chicago, IL
Give us a call at (312) 283-7333 if your pet needs surgery, we will give them the care they need.