Education and Counseling
CLIENT EDUCATION AND PET COUNSELING IN WICKER PARK, CHICAGO
Knowing that you’re taking great care of your pet and making all the right decisions on their behalf is a wonderful feeling. However, if you’re feeling unsure about what you need to do next, our team in Wicker Park is happy to step in and help.
Every stage of your pet’s life has its ups and downs, and we can start you out with some helpful information that we hope will answer some more basic questions. If there’s anything else you need to know, just give us a call!
BRINGING A FUZZY BUNDLE OF JOY INTO YOUR HOME?
Puppies and kittens are hard to resist, but before you adopt, make sure your family understands the responsibilities required to keep this new family member happy and healthy. Planning ahead and anticipating the challenges of raising a puppy or kitten are key to overcoming any obstacles that do materialize.
YOUR PET’S FIRST CHECKUP
Your pet should have their first checkup as soon as possible. During this visit, we will cover a lot of ground regarding their health, diet, vaccinations, spay/neuter, and much more. This is also the time when we’re eager to answer your questions and pass on some of our knowledge to make raising your pet as stress-free as possible.
PUPPY AND KITTEN INFORMATION KITS
Equipping new pet parents with helpful information is a big part of what we do as veterinarians. Much of this information can be found in the puppy and kitten informational kits we give out, which cover the following topics:
- Disease prevention and health maintenance
- Keeping your pet on a balanced, age-appropriate diet
- How to housebreak your pet and socialize them with people and other dogs/cats
- Troubleshooting naughty behaviors
- Pet insurance
- Spaying, neutering, and elective surgeries
- Emergency hospital contact information
- …and more
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR SENIOR PET IN GOOD HEALTH
As they get older, pets, like people, need extra care to maintain their quality of life. It’s normal for dogs and even cats to develop arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, or kidney problems in their twilight years, or to have hearing and/or vision loss. Therefore, it’s more important than ever to:
- Maintain regular communication with our team so we know how your pet is doing
- Schedule regular visits with your veterinarian so they can monitor your pet’s health and screen for problems
- Be observant of changes in your pet and alert us to those changes so we can suggest a course of action
- Make your pet’s environment more accessible and comfortable to accommodate their condition
Certain naughty behaviors may be cute when your pet is young, but if they are not addressed early, they can escalate as your pet gets older. In other cases, seemingly out of nowhere, a pet might start chewing up the furniture or peeing in the front hall closet. Understanding why these behaviors are taking place is necessary to getting them under control.
Pet Behavior Counseling in Chicago, IL
If you are having a difficult time at home due to your pet’s behavior, let our animal behaviorist know right away. Bad behavior can damage the relationship you have with your pet and cause a lot of stress for the rest of your family, too. Talk about what’s going on with an animal behaviorist to help you find a solution. Give us a call at (312) 283-7333.