Fear Free Vets in Wicker Park, IL
The vet doesn’t have to be a stressful place. At Companion Animal Hospital Wicker Park, we have Fear Free Certified Professionals on our staff who are trained to help pets relax and feel safe. We know how easily stress can prevent dogs and cats from getting the treatment they need. Therefore, we take special measures to improve not only their physical health, but their mental health as well. Call (312) 283-7333 to schedule an appointment with our veterinarians in Chicago, IL!
Fear Free is a Team Effort
Every member of our team takes part in providing specialized care to our patients and making appointments easier for our clients, too.
Some of the things we do to make our hospital a more calming place include:
- Using feline and canine pheromone diffusers and sprays
- Having separate exam rooms for dogs and cats
- Applying a gentle, less hands-on technique when handling patients
- Using treats to distract patients during treatment and reward them after
- Placing people and their pets in exam rooms quickly to prevent them from waiting in the lobby where it might be noisier
- Getting down to your pet’s level when we examine them and interact with them
- Speaking in low voices and taking care not to shut doors and drawers too loudly
Tips for Transporting Your Pet to the Vet
Consult the handouts below to make your pet’s ride to the vet less stressful!