Fear Free Certified Professionals
The vet doesn’t have to be a stressful place. At Companion Animal Hospital Wicker Park, we have Fear Free Certified Professionals on our staff who are trained to help pets relax and feel safe. We know how easily stress can prevent dogs and cats from getting the treatment they need. Therefore, we take special measures to improve not only their physical health, but their mental health as well.
Fear Free is a Team Effort
Every member of our team takes part in providing specialized care to our patients and making appointments easier for our clients, too.
Some of the things we do to make our hospital a more calming place include:
- Using feline and canine pheromone diffusers and sprays
- Having separate exam rooms for dogs and cats
- Applying a gentle, less hands-on technique when handling patients
- Using treats to distract patients during treatment and reward them after
- Placing people and their pets in exam rooms quickly to prevent them from waiting in the lobby where it might be noisier
- Getting down to your pet’s level when we examine them and interact with them
- Speaking in low voices and taking care not to shut doors and drawers too loudly
Want to Learn More?
You can always contact our hospital to learn more about the Fear Free difference—we’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Additionally, you can go to fearfreepets.com if there’s anything else you’d like to know.
Tips for Transporting Your Pet to the Vet
Consult the handouts below to make your pet’s ride to the vet less stressful!